Monday, May 21, 2012

Life Bit Me in the Ass

When I got sober

I finally discovered

You can't drink down pain

You can't drink down the past

It'll bite you in the ass

Drinking down pain

Will bite you in the ass


When I stayed sober

I had a life hangover

Full of headaches

And heartaches

That I didn't watch pass

The first time around

I had a life hangover

That bit me in the ass


Bills I didn't pay

Husband didn't stay

Even my dog ran away

I had a mangy puppy hound

Who didn't want me 'around

That mangy puppy hound

Bit me in the ass

I don't blame him

That dog knew class!


Moments of clarity

Are fairly

New to me

I never saw

What you see

Why is everybody

So angry?

Could it be?

They wanna kick me in the ass

No more Hail Mary pass

What the hell can I do

For you to see my point of view?

I never knew a beer or two

Could bite me in the ass


All the weight

Of all the years

That I tried not to remember

Is feeling pretty heavy now

Like and anvil on an ant

No super human power here

Just trying to steer clear of beer

Otherwise,

I'll have a life hangover

For the rest of my years


But if I like I'll drink a few

And forget about the past

And on my epitaph

It'll read

"This was a waste of grass......"

Even in death

Life bit me in the ass

No comments:

Post a Comment