Thursday, May 6, 2010

Give Me a Break


Are you a good witch or a bad witch? In essence, all witches are bad and all breaks are bad. A bad witch walked in front of me while I was riding my bike and I went head over heels into the pavement, breaking my shoulder. She didn’t have striped socks or ruby slippers, but I could see munchkins walking around wondering whether or not I was gonna make it and where the hell was the horse of a different color? The only colors I saw that day were black and blue. I might have been hallucinating. That would explain a lot.

Through the past few years I’ve found myself in the most terrible tosses and turns of life. Tornados? That seems appropriate. Nobody to blame but me. It’s easier to deal with things when you have support. I’m just not that good at asking for it. I’m smart, but I’m not Mensa material. Oh hell… even at Mensa level you can be completely retarded on how to boil water. You know why it boils…you just don’t know where to find the pot.

So why do I sit here feeling stupid? Because I am. We all are at times. However, most of the time I think we are all brilliant. But I’m stupid if I continue to think about the things I would like to change and never having the courage to affect it.

Is there such a thing as a good Break? Can people find redemption and enlightenment from pain? Hum, being splayed out on a busy city street can certainly bring about a different perspective, that’s for sure. Because from that vantage point on that particular day, the only way to go was up.

And of course, there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. There was nothing to hide from. No witch, no munchkins and of course, I wasn’t heading down a yellow brick road. But I am desperately trying to find my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment