Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Buildings of my View


Nothing new under the sun
The times I feel most lonely
I'm usually with someone.

Or, surrounded by strangers
People I'll never know
Don't even want to say hello

Just an observation
While walking past Dart Station
Through downtown Dallas
On a Tuesday night
Adding to my loneliness?
Such a lonely plight
Too much city
I feel internal pity

I felt a sense of loss
Walking from Central and Ross
To the grassy knoll
Feeling empty
Not whole

I stare at the Dallas skyline
Never venturing on the streets
I read the papers and watch TV
Reporters covering beats
Who wants to be part of an internet byline?
A death in the city doesn’t get headlines.

Do I embrace life or insist on sadness?
Do I look to the east for a clue?
Do I envision the sunset through the buildings of my view?

It's hard walking the streets alone
But I need to feel the downtown vibe
And not be so scared of what's there to offer
Not be afraid to be alive

No comments:

Post a Comment